Thursday, April 3, 2008

Pleasant Surprise

This past weekend was the first in over a month that I've spent in Lyon. After traveling so much I was definitely looking forward to some down time, but I also expected it to be incredibly boring. So it was a pleasant surprise when it was actually a lot of fun. It helped that most of my friends were also staying here too, so we got to spend some time together. On Saturday, the weather was absolutely gorgeous here, so a group of us decided to take advantage and head to the park for a picnic. This was my first time really experiencing Tete d'Or and I loved it, I can't wait to go back. Especially because the ice cream there is delicious! On Sunday we took an impromptu trip to the Alps for some late season skiing. I went once with my family over spring break and it was fantastic. I thought that was the end of my skiing for the year so it was awesome to get to go again, and it was a lot of fun to go with friends.

This week has been pretty calm. We were supposed to have a BLAW make-up class with my favorite professor on Monday morning. We went, we sat, and surprise surprise...he didn't show up. This morning I was supposed to have an interview with State Street for their Trading Intern position. The job looks great and I was really excited about it. However, after about 10 minutes of waiting I received an e-mail requesting to reschedule. Ugh...frustrating, but at least she was courteous.

There has definitely been a buzz around CEFAM this week because tonight is their 'African Dinner'. We have heard about this since day one and I would equate its significance to prom in high school. It's a pretty big event and supposed to be a lot of fun. So tonight should be exciting and then its an early wake-up call tomorrow morning because we are off to Berlin!!!

No comments: