By this point, every business major I know has a co-op job....except me. My best guy friend from home just got offered a job from Wellington, and my best friend who is here with me just accepted a job in Texas. Things are looking a little dim, however tonight was a bit of a break through. I finally managed to link up with my advisor for a phone call. Her enthusiasm and optimism was definitely contagious. She told me that I was getting too desperate, and actually refused to send my resume to a few of the places that I requested because they aren't "challenging" enough. Her position that we are just getting started eased my nerves a bit. While at the same time I'm wondering if I'm not shooting myself in the foot. I appreciate that she doesn't want me to settle for a job thats not good enough, but I do want A job...regardless of what level it is. There is a meeting of all of the finance advisors on Thursday to discuss the students that are left and the positions that are still left to fill. My advisor is confident that she will find me a number of good matches at this meeting. I can only hope...but obviously, I'm incredibly impatient.
A nice little break from thinking about all of this came in the form of Capri this weekend. For the long Easter weekend my boyfriend and I spent one night in Naples and two nights in Capri. Leading up to the trip weather.com was sticking strong to it's prediction of 90% rain and heavy winds. For Friday night in Naples, that was a pretty accurate forecast. But we toughed it and went out for pizza (Naples supposedly has the best pizza in the world). It was delicious, but I have to give it to Adam...his favorite pizzeria in Rome still holds the title for me. On Saturday, we woke up bright and early to catch the ferry to Capri. However, we quickly realized that a number of them wouldn't be running due to the weather. We had about an hour to kill and watch the clouds roll in. Guaranteed the ferry ride over was one of the most absurd situations I have ever been in. Because of the choppy waters, this huge catamaran that we were on was getting tossed around. You would have thought the vomit-bags were candy if you saw the fervor that they were being passed out (and taken) with. After trying desperately to plug my ears from the retching noise (and also not to start myself) for an hour, we gratefully reached Capri. And as if we weren't thankful enough, the sun was shining!!
The weekend as a whole was absolutely incredible. And weather.com couldn't have been more wrong. Instead of raining the whole weekend, it rained for about a half an hour while we were at dinner one night, and the sun even peaked out once in a while. We spent the majority of the weekend hiking around the island taking in the beautiful sights. We were actually staying in Anacapri, which is higher up on the mountain, and has even more incredible views. We got to check out both a Limencello store, where they made it on the premises, and a perfume factory/store that had been a favorite of Jacqueline Kennedy. And finally on Monday morning, we got to ride the chairlift up to Monte Salero, the highest point on the island. Obviously, the views were incredibly breathtaking. We didn't want to leave, and for a little, it looked like we weren't going to. Shortly there after, the weather got really bad again and they stopped running the ferries off of the island. We ended up staying almost 4 hours longer, and as a result I missed my flight back to Lyon. Thanks to Daddy coming to the rescue I got reassigned to a flight at 6:30 am (ugh!) the next morning, and spent an extra night in Rome.
This whole semester my boyfriend and I have been really lucky. We've been able to see each other every 2-3 weeks, and travel around Europe together. Unfortuantely, Capri was the last time we would see each other for 5 weeks this time. I am by no means anxious for this experience to end, but at the same time I am excited to get back to Boston and be able to see him everyday. These next 5 weeks are going to be a little tough, but then again the next time I do see him will be in Athens, Greece...so I guess I can't really complain :)
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment