Tuesday, March 11, 2008

When in Rome...

I spent this past weekend in Rome visiting my boyfriend. It was an incredible weekend. Rome is, hands down, one of the most beautiful cities I have ever visited. It's insane to see a place where everything is either old, older, or ancient. "Modern" isn't even a concept. Among the sights that I got to see were the Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, Colosseum, Roman Forum, the Vatican and Sistine Chapel (which I have to admit, I wasn't that impressed with), and a breathtaking view of Rome from the top of the Monument to Vittorio Emmanual. Here are some pictures:


Trevi Fountain


The Pantheon at night

St. Peters in the Vatican


Monument to Vittorio Emmanual (aka the Wedding Cake)


View from the top!


The Roman Forum


Inside the Colosseum


Leading up to this trip I was beginning to get jealous of Adam. The people that he is with seem to really enjoy each other and going out together. While our crew was doing a lot of that at the beginning, it is becoming more obvious that our patience with each other is beginning to wear. I would get jealous when he would go out at night and have a great time, while some nights it seemed all we would do here is bicker. Between the beauty of Rome, the food, and the great nightlife, I was starting to wonder....did I make a mistake? Not saying that I would have gone to Rome per say, but the thought has occurred to me that maybe just choosing France because I took the language in high school wasn't the best of decisions. However, after visiting Rome (and I seem to be having this feeling more and more) I'm realizing that there are things about everywhere that I would dislike. I'm not trying to sound picky here, but it's not the easiest choice to make, and every city is going to come with its fair share of 'culture shocks'. The incredible amount of tourists and English being spoken in Rome was such a turn-off. So for reasons such as that, I have to say that I am still happy with my choice of Lyon, even if it isn't ideal. I guess what they say is fitting....the grass is always greener on the other side.

Now to get snapped back into reality a bit, yesterday I had an interview with Goldman Sachs Boston Global Advisors. I think it went really well, definitely better than the last one. And I seem to be a really good fit for the position. I was told that I will be contacted by the end of the week either way, so *fingers crossed!*

No comments: