Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Maybe Mom and Dad really do know best...
On Monday, I could definitely tell that I was starting to get a little sick. By Monday night...there wasn't even a question. My chest was so congested I felt like the was a ten pound weight just sitting there. My nose was runny and my head hurt quite a bit. After getting only an hour of sleep I woke up on Tuesday feeling like...well...crap. I was determined to get better, but the medicine here is expensive and the concept of 'non-drowsy' doesn't seem to exist. So, I had to dig out every surpressed memory of my parents nagging...Did you take your vitamins? Are you drinking enough water? How many hours of sleep did you get? As soon as I woke up I took an Airbourne and two Vitamin C pills. Throughout the day, while at school from 9 am until 5 pm, I drank a ton of water and had another Airbourne at lunch. When I got home I chugged a liter of orange juice and went to bed. A ridiculous amount of vitamin-c and 12 hours of sleep later, I have to admit, I feel great. So I guess maybe, just maybe, the parents really do know whats best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment