Saturday, May 3, 2008

One last trip

and it was a doozy...

Over the past two and a half weeks I have gone on three separate trips...hence why I haven't been writing. But before I get to all that there has been a lot of things going on at school too. Just after my last post I finally had my State Street Interview and as usual, it was disappointing. I finally nailed down a time with them but when it came time to the interview the only person that I spoke with is the current co-op! The kid tried to transfer me to the actual woman I was interviewing with and somewhere the connection got lost. I tried calling her back multiple times and emailing her. I didn't hear from her again until three days later when she told me she was "sorry" but they had filled the position in the mean time. We are supposed to be learning from these people and the only thing I've learned so far is that you can get away with being a jerk and relying on complete aversion. SO FRUSTRATING!

Anyways...on the CEFAM front...I've had two projects due and two finals. We had our French final in class two Wednesdays ago and I was fairly confident with how I did. Our teacher is excellent and the test was pretty easy. Then we had a weeklong hiatus before finals were scheduled to begin. Obviously I took advantage and planned a trip! I spent a day in Rome, 3 in Greece, 2 back here in Lyon, and then 2 more in Paris. All of this was spent with Adam and it was incredible! I love Rome and that was my third time there this trip, even though it was only for an evening. I've always dreamed of going to Greece and now I can only dream about going back! We spent two days walking around Athens and then a third day at the island of Aegina. The weather was incredible, and it was Easter weekend on the Greek Orthodox Calendar so the entire place was so festive. It was an awesome atmosphere to visit in. Here are some pictures:

White Houses!

View of the Acropolis

Main Street in Athens


Changing of the Guards
*Note: Don't touch them!

Ampitheatre on the Acropolis


Adam and I in front of the Parthenon


Greek Flag

View of Athens from the Acropolis

Now THAT is a Greek salad!

Acropolis at Night

Athens was definitely amazing and beautiful. In the future I would really like to explore some of the greek islands a little more...ahhh someday! So after returning to Lyon for a few days to do laundry/unpack/repack I was off to Paris for my third time this trip to show Adam around. He had never been so it was really cool to be there with him and be the 'experienced' tour guide...or at least I thought. Plus this time we stayed at a hostel in Montmartre which hadn't gotten to explore at all my first two times. It was a lot of fun and between the three trips I covered a lot of even small out of the way things that I had always wanted to see in Paris. Also, this was my third trip up the Eiffel Tower. The weather is starting to get so nice that the lines were absolutely absurd! We chose to get into the mysteriously short line which turned out to be the stairs! So yep...we climbed to the second level of the Eiffel Tower. It was quite the workout but a very cool experience. Sitting here looking at all my pictures I just realized something...we forgot to do the most stereotypical Parisian vacation thing! We didn't actually take a picture of us together in front of the Eiffel Tower! Oh well...thats what photoshop is for. Here are some other pictures though:
Basilique du Sacre Coeur

Montmarte

Centre Pompidou

Jim Morrisons grave in le Pere Lachaise

After a fantastic week and a half I got snapped back to reality a bit here in Lyon yesterday. I had my Art History final yesterday and I have my BLAW and International Management finals on Monday and Tuesday. Eek!

I can barely even believe it but less than a week til UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!!!

No comments: